Mission and Vision of DMC .
The purpose of the church in this world is understood in terms of its mission. The mission of the church is the mission of God. Jesus Christ revealed that mission. The mission that transformed the ancient church is summarized in three basic words, namely preaching, teaching and healing.
DMC had planned various social and humanitarian’s programs/Projects for the Goldie jubilee year 2018-19.
- Building houses for poor families.(Flood victims of Kerala)
DMC Plans to builds many budget houses to the flood victims of Kerala state. The recent floods are the biggest natural calamity since 1930, the state had seen, making more than 10,000 houses completely damaged and need to rebuild this totally. We have already done some interim relief to the flood victims in terms of relief material. We hope to touch the lives and stand with them at the time of the emergency. The Govt has invited all to come and rebuild the Kerala and we are going to work with the Govt agencies who is doing such programs.
- Providing financial assistance for marriage of underprivileged women.
DMC planned to provide financial assistance to the marriages of poor girls. Normally we do this based on the application received, however this jubilee year, we are going to identify and make defined budget and programs for this activity.
- Educational support to mission schools: DMC wish to support the un-aided or Govt schools which needs support badly. On a long run we are looking forward to take the responsibility of running a small school in an economically poor basti/location.
- Medical camps near Delhi slums, support to critical cancer care patients. We do this on a regular basis, and support the critical patients. We plan to focus this on the Govt hospitals in and around Delhi .Our congregation has a large no of medical /para medical working /retired staffs.we get regular requests through them and this year we will focus to intensify this activity among the Delhi hospitals. DMC also could look forward for running/a basic Clinique if the Govt. allocates the facility to us.
- Cultural events to celebrate Malayalam arts and traditional performances.
Away from our homeland, we wish to connect with the large population of Kerala community. (I understand this is around 10 lakhs now). We plan to conduct traditional art and music performance’s to celebrate our culture and identity. Also with this we try to promote our mother lounge- Malayalam to our next generations.
- Renovation of the Parsonage.
Our parsonage build in the 1970s needs some renovation like: guest rooms and prayers hall etc. we hope to make it happen this year.
- A new Centre for the growing DMC community at a central location in Delhi.
Our parish is looking at the community- development cum church project in central parts of Delhi. We look forward for the Delhi diocese or the Govt of Delhi to allocate us a suitable land to build one such facility. This can be a church cum activity center. For a congregation of 120 plus families it is not affordable to have such a facility without the help form the diocese/Govt agencies etc..